Sunday, March 25, 2007

The Missing

Finished the last re-write of 'The Missing', five minutes ago. That's it now before I print it off and hand the book over to a couple of carefully chosen readers and gain my first response to ideas that have been circulating in my mind for the last two years.

It's a strange period as I have no idea how this book will be received. Previously, I kept my readers up to date with what I was writing and would feed them tidbits as I wrote, but this time they will be entering blind. They have no idea about the themes, the setting, the characters or the intent. It will be as new to them as the first time they select a book off the shelf in a well stock library.

Now is the time I'll start to write the pitch and start researching publishers. I also want to get back to writing a few short stories before the summer project kicks off.

No comments: