Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Trembling in the Breeze

I'm now in Adelaide, but I wrote the below entry a few days ago whilst staring at field after field of vines.

I'm sitting in a rocking chair by a large picture window, the view is of vines that stretch far off into the distance, trembling in the breeze. It would be perfect, if not for the rain. I don't mind wet weather, in truth I quite like it. I just imagined something a little warmer, sitting outside drinking wine on a warm autumn night. Never mind. I have plenty of work to do.
I've put together two small essays for Edinburgh Libraries on books I like. The brief is wide in that I can write about any works that I enjoy so long as the library stocks them. So far I've written one on my love of comic books and how the library fostered this, and another on the Charlie Parker novels by John Connolly. I plan to do others as there are many books I wish to discuss.
I've also started work on an essay for another writing blog. One about travel and alienation. It needs work at the moment.
Now I plan to do some reading and relaxing. It's what I'm meant to be doing.


Fortunately, today I got my wish and drank much wine in the sun surrounded by vin yards. It was beautiful.

Finishing up in Penola I had the bonus luck of finding two first addition hardback Douglas Adams' novels, which kind of made this holiday perfect.

Two more days left. Tomorrow I'm going to look around Adelaide and then Friday we fly back to Sydney. It's also my birthday, just in case you're interested.


- From the desk of AJS. Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Australia

No comments: