Sunday, June 09, 2013

And we're back in the room!

Hello...I know, I know, it's been a long time, but I'm back. So we're having a bit of a renovation here at 'A Walk in the Dark Woods,' the reason being is that I've finally got something out which you can download and read. After a long time of hiding out in the real world, I'm glad to say I'm back at cyber towers to let you know that the first (of many) Lady Thrillington novella's in now out on Amazon Kindle.

Who is Lady Thrillington, I hear you ask. Well read on:


"Ladies and gentleman, boys and girls - welcome to the world of the dangerous and captivating Lady Thrillington, retired locksport and secret adventurer. Deadly shadows haunt the gas lit and fog bound alleyways of a London that never was and never will be. Marvel at acts of bravery high above the cobbled streets, acrobatic daring do’s in the late night; gasp as our heroine fights for her life against the evil that lurks deep within the Empire, cheer as she uses her clever mind to outwit the police as only the greatest of Victorian heroines can. Read with delight as she solves the infuriating puzzle of the Cursed Star, aided and abetted by her stoic manservant Jeffers, with his brass and steam contraptions; and Detective Inspector Carter of the Yard, her majesties most gallant and brave policeman. An adventure for the modern age full of mechanical curiosities, elektric golems, steam powered stallions, mechanoid rats. All written and presented in glorious modern English, by that mysterious man of letters, Havelock James."

Available to purchase at your preferred kindle site:

Different name, I know, but I can assure you, it's all me. This is a series of books that will be coming out approximately every six months. The second is already written and with the publishers and due for release December 1st 2013, whilst number three is in progress. 

I hope you like them. If you do, can I encourage you to spread the word and even put a review on the Amazon sites, the more I get the easier it is to market elsewhere.

If you are not a Kindle user just yet, don't worry, versions for iBooks and Kobo are in the works, and we might even look at some printed versions (how modern!).

So read, enjoy and I'll keep you posted on several new works all coming very soon.

No comments: